From Ask Dr Wiki
AskDrWiki.com is a website designed to provide health information for physicians, nurses, and medical students. The aim of of the site is to provide a source of reliable medical information that is easy to access on the internet. The information published on the site is not meant to supersede medical training but to serve as a repository of medical review articles to give medical professionals an online repository where they can review medical topics.
AskDrWiki.com users must be credentialed based on their medical training before they are allowed to publish. All new users will be required to submit their medical training, degree, and current hospital or medical school. All credentialed users will be listed on the editorial board and are encouraged to publish their resume or curriculum vitae stating their education, medical training, board certification, and research. This process will remove the transparency of anonymous article creation and provide an extra level or credibility.
- All articles will be submitted by credentialed medical professionals.
- To qualify for publication material must be clearly presented and referenced with peer reviewed literature.
- If medical topics written about are not referenced and are based on anyone's individual or anecdotal experience (The Art of Medicine) they should be designated as such.
- Controversial topics may be presented, but they should be identified as such and every effort must be made by the editor to ensure that a balanced view of each controversy is represented based on referenced literature.
- Once articles are submitted they will be reviewed by specialty editors and can be added or edited by the AskDrWiki community.
- Notification of new or changes in articles will be made through RSS Feeds.
- Using Wiki technology users can scrutinize the content and add or edit the article. If there is a disagreement in the article efforts to come to a consensus will be made on the discussion page which is an inherent part of the wiki process.
Any original research published on AskDrWiki is subject to peer review and open commentary from the AskDrWiki community. A conflict of interest statement must also accompany the article. Each original research contribution will be labeled as original research on the page.
AskDrWiki is a free site licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons license. Work that infringes on copyrights will not be allowed.
Sponsorship/ Conflict Of Interest.
- AskDrWiki is a non profit website (501c3 status pending) funded by the Open Access Medical Informatics Group.
- It has no financial agenda or purpose to refer patients to particular medical centers or providers.
- The content is determined by its users and at no time is there any influence by advertising.
- Editors do not receive compensation for content they have written.
- The site is supported by donations and does not allow banner ads of pay per click advertising.
All opinions expressed on AskDrWiki are those of their authors and not of their employers. Information provided here is for medical education only. It is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. If you are a patient, please see your doctor for evaluation of your individual case. Under no circumstances will the authors be liable to you for any direct or indirect damages arising in connection with use of this web site. Patient data published on this web site is modified and information from several cases may be compiled into one posting for teaching purposes and to protect patient confidentiality. Cases course and description do not follow real cases. The appearance of external hyperlinks to other web sites does not constitute endorsement. We do not verify, endorse, or take responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness or quality of the content contained in these sites. All clinical cases on this website are published in strict compliance with HIPAA. Report a violation to firstname.lastname@example.org