Appropriateness of Exercise Stress Test in an Asymptomatic Individual
From Ask Dr Wiki
- Evaluation of asymptomatic persons with diabetes mellitus who plan to start vigorous exercise
- Evaluation of persons with multiple risk factors as a guide to risk-reduction therapy.
- Evaluation of asymptomatic men older than 45 years and women older than 55 years:
- Who plan to start vigorous exercise (especially if sedentary) or
- Who are involved in occupations in which impairment might impact public safety or
- Who are at high risk for CAD due to other diseases (e.g., peripheral vascular disease and chronic renal failure)
- Routine screening of asymptomatic men or women.
Cardiac Radionuclide Imaging: ACC/AHA/ASNC 2003 Guideline Update for the Clinical Use of Cardiac Radionuclide Imaging